Reminder: SCBA COVID-19 relief funds available for member bars in Singapore
The Singapore Cocktail Bar Association (SCBA) reshares details on relief funds in support of its member bars during the current lockdown. By Holly Graham.
The SCBA, initiated by founding president Gan Guoyi (Jigger & Pony Group) and founding board members Andrew Yap (The Old Man Singapore); Vivian Pei (Asia’s 50 Best Bars); Paul Gabie (Proof & Company) and Ivy Woo (Food News Integrated Marketing and Singapore Cocktail Festival) is a voice for Singapore’s cocktail community and identify opportunities for industry growth and education.
To spread the word and greater awareness amongst the bar community during Singapore’s current lockdown, here’s a reminder of what’s available:
SCBA Marketing Support Fund
- What’s new: The response on approval is now shortened to one day, to ensure the SCBA provides prompt support to the industry in need. Production costs for stickers and labels are also now claimable under this fund.
- A total of SGD$67,500 has been raised for the SCBA Marketing Support Fund, with SGD$45,000 received from corporate sponsors and Enterprise Singapore matching 50% of the raised amount at SGD$22,500, under its STEER programme.
- This fund is aimed at providing support for marketing services such as but not limited to printing, photography, videography, digital marketing, public relations, graphics design.
- All member bars are automatically eligible to receive SGD$1,000 each for such services rendered from December 1, 2020; and will be required to submit a request for approval prior to vendor appointment, as well as a proof of payment for the service rendered before the fund can be disbursed.
- Application for the SCBA Marketing Support Fund is open from now until January 31, 2022 and submissions can be made via www.sgcocktailbarassociation.org. Please also visit the website for full criteria.
SCBA-SBF Foundation Compassion Fund
- The SCBA-SBF Foundation Compassion Fund, which was launched in August 2020, will remain open for application until further notice. To date, the fund has provided support to 40 individual bar staff at SGD$500 per successful applicant.
- The extended SCBA-SBF Foundation Compassion Fund will maintain its support at SGD$500 per eligible individual, and is open to any bar staff – Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, Work Pass Holders alike – from or formerly from SCBA’s list of member bars, who earn a gross monthly income of no more than SGD$3,400.
- Bar staff must either have suffered job loss and are transitioning between employers in the cocktail industry with the Association’s support or have suffered salary reductions of 20% or more after July 31, 2020.
- Those experiencing sudden hardships – including distress resulting from long periods of separation from the family because of COVID-19 – due to unexpected crises at a personal or family level, will also now be eligible for the fund.
- Application for the SCBA-SBF Foundation Compassion Fund is open until 31 December 2021, and submissions can be made via www.sgcocktailbarassociation.org. Please also visit the website for full criteria.