Nominations are open from now until March 8.
The Tales of the Cocktail Foundation has opened the nomination period for the 16th annual Spirited Awards from now until March 8. The awards recognise people, products, venues, journalists, and media who are making a lasting contribution to the cocktail community. Voters can nominate those deserving of the awards, as well as self-nominate.
Winners will be announced during this year’s Tales of the Cocktail, which is returning for an in-person event in New Orleans from July 25-29, 2022. The Spirited Awards ceremony will take place on Thursday, July 28, 2022 at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans.
Taking into consideration the impacts of COVID-19 on the bar industry, the Spirited Awards has retired the Best International High Volume Cocktail Bar; Best U.S. High Volume Cocktail Bar and Philanthropy Awards.
Previous Spirited Award winners are not eligible to win again for the same concept and category. Also, if a bar has previously won World’s Best Bar, they are no longer eligible to win another Spirited Award, except for the Timeless award, which is selected through a different set of criteria, but now accepts public nominations.
The Regional Honouree list will be published in May, and the Top 10 lists will be announced in early June, with the Top 4 Finalists announced in late June.
These are the 2022 Spirited Awards categories open for public nomination:
- (International/U.S.) Bartender of the Year
- Best (International/U.S.) Bar Mentor
- Best (International/U.S.) Brand Ambassador
- Best (International/U.S.) Bar Team
- Best (International/U.S.) Cocktail Bar
- Best (International/U.S.) Hotel Bar
- Best (International/U.S.) Restaurant Bar
- Best New (International/U.S.) Cocktail Bar
- Timeless (International/U.S.) Award
- World’s Best Cocktail Menu
- World’s Best Spirits Selection
- Best New Spirit or Cocktail Ingredient
- Best Cocktail & Spirits Writing
- Best Cocktail & Spirits Publication
- Best Broadcast, Podcast, or Online Video Series
- Best New Cocktail or Bartending Book
- Best New Book on Drinks Culture, History, or Spirits
- Pioneer Award
It only takes one nomination to be considered for the 2022 Spirited Awards, and all nominations are accepted and encouraged. To nominate, visit the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation website.